Sunday, November 29, 2009

Who Are These Guys....

And what have they done with the Predators from earlier this season? Don't get me wrong- I'm loving these guys! In my almost month long absence from the blogging world, I've seen the team make a huge turnaround and get back to playing "our game". Highlights for me have been (of course) the seven game win streak, the great play against the Capitals (where the tides began to turn), "Movember", beating the Wings (even if they are missing half their roster), power play goals, short handed goals, not taking stupid penalties (except for Belak's hook on Jared Boll's boys- it was funny though), new 3rd jerseys, and all around great play recently from the guys. The last few weeks have been a lot of fun- but it's always fun when you're winning!

In other news, I'd like to congratulate members of my so-called Preds Family- Jamie & Melissa- on the birth of their triplets. Peyton, Chloe, and Jake are doing well, and I am so excited for them!

I'm loving the "Movember" movement. I always get a good laugh at players and their playoff beards, but some of the mustaches our guys are sporting are darn near hilarious! Arny's Fu Man Chu looks good on him, JP looks like Wyatt Earp, Sully & Weber look like there is a caterpillar under their noses, and Hammer- well it just makes me laugh! Off topic, but I'm thinking a little "Can't Touch This" is in order for Hammer's theme song-- Stop! Hammer Time!

Lastly, I have been so impressed with Jordin Tootoo's play of late. The way he drew penalties against the Devils was awesome. I like to see him fight, but it's more fun to watch him get under the other team's skin. But, when it's time to go, it's time to go. Florida's McArdle obviously didn't know what he was getting into last night, goading Toot's into not one but two fights. Toot's got the last laugh, though. When you mess with the bull, you're gonna get the horns. Glad that Trotz was cool about it, even stating that it was a "bad move" on McArdle's part to start up with Toots a second time. Toots has now passed Scott Hartnell on the Predators all time penalty minute list. How McArdle was not called for an instigator last night is beyond me, but with both fights leading to five minutes for each participant, at least we didn't give them an advantage.

I hope to update this more, but this time of year is especially busy for me. Working in retail during the holiday season tends to leave one exhausted and not feeling much like blogging. So, if I don't update again soon, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Until next time....

1 comment: