Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's Time

Funny how my last post 4 months ago was from our last regular season series with the Blackhawks. Sorry I've neglected this for so long, but life gets in the way sometimes. Plus,there are many more knowledgable & reputable writers out there that have kept everyone up to speed on the season.

I logged back in today and re-read all of my previous posts. Some were filled with so much excitement, some were filled with heartbreak. At this time, I am at a crossroads with my emotions. Am I excited we made the playoffs?!?-you betcha! Am I emotionally drained after yesterday's game??- you know it. Mere seconds are all that kept us from taking the lead in the series and giving ourselves the opportunity to advance to the second round with a win in front of the home crowd. Needless to say, it was very disappointing.

So what do we do now? I for one know that I am going to give it all I have tomorrow night while at the game. I will cheer, I will scream, I will clap, and I will do my absolute best to will this team to victory. The question is- will the team do the same? It's beyond time for some of these guys to step up and play with the heart and desire the rest of the team has. Marty has it. Leggy has it. Sully has it. Grebs has it. Does Jason have it? JP? What about the coaching staff- do they have it? I was very disappointed to hear a certain coach call out the crowd Thursday night. Give us something to cheer about, coach- like a power play that converts.

So it's time. The 7th man has been loud and proud this season and during these playoffs. It's time our guys were loud and proud on the ice. It's time to bring it, boys. Not just a few of you-all of you. Dig deep, skate fast, hit hard. Yesterday is over- you can't go back and change it. You have lived to fight another day. Bring it, and I promise the rest of us will do our part and rock the arena. It's time.....

3 comments:

  1. It's pretty crazy how things have turned out. It would really be nice to have at least 1 playoff series win. Is that too much to ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... This didn't pan out like I had hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Toma...it sure didn't. It was so sad to be there Monday night. It feels like my best friend has moved away for the summer :(

    ReplyDelete